Tallinja card is a smart card used for public transportation in Malta. It can be topped up with credit which is then used to pay for bus fares. The Tallinja card top-up balance check is a feature that allows cardholders to check their card’s remaining balance before boarding a bus or using any other public transportation service that accepts Tallinja card payments. This feature helps users to avoid insufficient balance issues and plan their transportation expenses accordingly.
To check the balance on a Tallinja card, users can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of Malta Public Transport.
- Click on the “Tallinja Card” option.
- Click on the “Check your balance” button.
- Enter the 18-digit number on the back of the Tallinja card in the provided field.
- Click on the “Check” button.
- The remaining balance on the Tallinja card will be displayed on the screen.
Alternatively, users can also check their Tallinja card balance by using a special mobile application called “Tallinja App”. This application is available for both Android and iOS devices and can be downloaded for free from the respective app stores. Once installed, users can simply log in to the app and view their Tallinja card balance on the home screen.
In summary, the Tallinja card top-up balance check feature allows cardholders to check their remaining credit balance on the smart card used for public transportation in Malta. This feature helps users to manage their transportation expenses and avoid any unexpected balance issues while traveling on public transportation.