Across most industries nowadays, technology plays a major role in driving success. As technology is closely integrated into so much of modern business operations, IT support has grown to become a very important function. IT support facilitates a lot in business – from driving innovation to ensuring productivity is optimised. We discussed this with TechQuarters, whose business IT support London companies have been using and relying on since 2010. According to them, outsourcing IT has given businesses a valuable opportunity to access a better class of IT management – including more cutting-edge resources (at a lower price), and accessing up-to-date, specialist expertise.
Though technology has come to be a major driver of business success, not all organisations can afford to acquire the necessary resources and talent and retain them in-house. This is why outsourcing has become so popular. Some of the key benefits of IT outsourcing are:
- Cost Efficiency – In partnering with an external IT support provider, businesses can afford the expense of hiring and training their own in-house IT teams. As well as this, a business can outsource their IT infrastructure to their provider, meaning they need not invest in hardware themselves – for example, many IT providers also offer support with cloud migrations.
- Specialised Expertise – IT outsourcing enables businesses to tap into a much wider range of specialised skills and expertise, which they may not have internally. On top of the experts needed to keep client’s IT infrastructure running optimally, IT providers retain staff that specialise in other popular areas of IT – such as data analytics, cybersecurity, CloudOps, etc.
- Scalability – Some organisations may already have their own in-house IT department, in which case, outsourcing IT can be an effective way to scale their existing IT operations – instead of scaling internally, which would not only be more expensive but would take longer to implement.
- Shared Responsibility – Outsourcing IT means that a business shares the responsibility of IT management with another partner. This can be a great way for organisations to dedicate more of their time and energy into other aspects of their business.
Services Available with IT Outsourcing
IT service providers offer a wide range of specialized services to businesses. For example, the IT support services London businesses get from TechQuarters ranges from standard IT support, to IT consultancy, or cloud migrations; they also have variations in their IT support service (such as remote-only support, or cloud support). Here are five examples of IT services that businesses can get via outsourcing:
- Network Infrastructure Management: IT service providers can assist businesses in managing and maintaining their network infrastructure. This includes designing, implementing, and monitoring network systems, ensuring reliable connectivity, and managing network security.
- Cloud Services: Many businesses now rely on cloud computing to store and access their data and applications. IT service providers offer specialized cloud services, such as infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS), and software-as-a-service (SaaS). They help businesses migrate to the cloud, optimize their cloud resources, and ensure data security.
- Cybersecurity Solutions: With the increasing number of cyber threats, businesses need robust security measures to protect their sensitive data. TechQuarters, for instance, provide IT support for financial services companies that require robust cybersecurity to protect their customers and intellectual property. IT service providers like TechQuarters offer specialized cybersecurity services, that help businesses implement and manage comprehensive security measures to safeguard their digital assets.
- IT Consulting and Project Management: IT service providers often offer consulting services to businesses, helping them make informed decisions regarding their IT infrastructure and digital transformation initiatives. They provide strategic advice, technology assessments, and recommendations on IT investments. Additionally, they offer project management services to oversee the implementation of IT projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget.